- About Us:
- News & Media Events:
Vice-President, Senior Inspector (Partner)
Founder: Accurate Building Inspectors® (1961)
ASHI Charter Member (1976) No. 56, Retired.
We are available for special events and speaking engagements:
PDF: Why Invite the Ubells to Your Special Event?
Principal, Semi-Retired, Chief Inspector
Accurate Building Inspectors® (ABI) inspects homes, buildings (industrial & commercial properties) as well as construction sites. Established in 1961, Accurate Building Inspectors® is a division of Ubell Enterprises Incorporated.
ABI has inspected in excess of 35,000 structures. Clients consist of over 2,500 attorneys, numerous real estate organizations, architectural, engineering firms and governmental departments.
Expert testimony given in US District Court, Civil Court of NYC, NYS Supreme Court and New Jersey State Court.
Household Hints & Safety Editor Reporter (On-Air)
- 1991-92 ABC-TV Home Show.
- 1980-2000 Family Circle Magazine.
- 1984-88 ABC Talk Radio Network WNYC-AM “New York & Company”.
- 1982-83; WNYC-AM “Kids America”.
- 1982-84 WABC-TV “Regis Philbin Show”.
- 1983-90 WCBS-TV “York City”.
- 1982-83 ABC-TV “Kids Are People Too”.
- 1975-81 ABC-TV (The America Go Forth and Fix Segment).
- ABC Video Entertainment (60 min. video) “America Go Forth & Save Energy”.
- “Save Energy, Save Money” Alph Books/Macmillan.
- “Recipes For Home Repair” - New York Times Books / NAL / Encyclopedia Britannica (500,000 copies).
- “AL Ubell's Energy-Saving Guide For Homeowners” Warner Books & Heritage Amerique (1,000,000 copies).
- “Al Ubell's Technology Almanac”.
- “Home Repair & Maintenance Guide”.
- “Dictionary Of Hand Tools, From The Beginning Of Time To The Present”(in progress).
- “Chimneys And Fireplaces Of The World” (in progress).
Teaching, Lectures & Work-Shops
- August Aichhorn Center for Adolescents.
- Home, Garden & Energy Shows throughout the US.
- Nassau Community College; The Woman's School.
- Long Island University.
- The New School, NY.
- Queens & Brooklyn Public Libraries.
- Brooklyn Union Gas Co.
- Harlem Your Way.
- State of New York Mortgage Agency.
- Astoria Restoration Association.
- Consolidated Edison of New York.
Spokesperson / Technician
- 1991-92 & 1982-84 Brooklyn Union Gas. (HVAC)
- 1990-91 Carrier Corp. (HVAC)
- 1987-90 Rust-Oleum. (Paint)
- 1987-90 Slant/Fin. (HVAC)
- 1982-83 Black & Decker. (Tools)
- 1982-83 General Electric. (Appliances)
- Master Cabinet Maker / Carpenter.
- Home & Building Inspector.
- Stairs & Ramps Designer, Builder, Safety Consultant.
- Hot Water System Designer, Temperature Monitoring, Safety.
- Welding & Braising, Paint, Windows, Construction Management & Design.
- Specification Writing. (Construction)
- Road & Street Design.
- Space Design.
- Architectural Merchandising Design, Construction.
- Field & Condition Measurements, Surveying.
- Radio & Television On Air Do It Yourself Announcer.
Media Public Service Commercials
- Oldsmobile / AAA “Winter Driving Safety Tips”.
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) “Gasoline Can Safety”.
- Brooklyn Union Gas, Co. (HVAC) safety.
- Consolidated Edison, LICO & NJ Public Service Electric & Gas “Heating System & Chimney Safety”.
- Owens-Corning “Energy Saving Tips”.
- Slant / Fin “How Does A Boiler Work”.
- Carrier Corp. “Buying A New Furnace”.
- 1,000s of National Radio & TV Home & Energy Tips.
- Achievement & Ethics, (June 2000).
- Institute of Jewish Humanities.
- U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission.
- American Hardware Manufacturers Association.
- Brooklyn Brownstone Conference.
- Ronald McDonald House.
Construction Coordination & Installation
- David Associates, Design & Installation of Domestic Hot Water Systems.
- Re-Construct Brick Foundation/Retaining wall at 1 Sylvan Terrace, NYC (2007).
- Penthouse Alteration & Reconstruction at 50 West 106th Street NYC (15 Story MD) (2007).
- Re-Construct and extending Chimney height at 50 West 106th Street, NYC (15 Story MD) 2006.
- Window Installation Project at 27-05 Parsons Boulevard, Queen, NY (6 Story MD) 2006.
- Design & Installation of Domestic Hot Water System at 50 West 106th Street, NYC (15 Story MD) (2003).
- Design & Installation of Domestic Hot Water System at 309 West 57th Street, NYC (12 Story MD) (2002).
- Medical Office, Re-design, Alteration & Reconstruction at 205 Avenue -P-, Brooklyn, NY (2000).
- American Institute of Architects (AIA).
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Building Officials & Code Administrators International (BOCA).
- American Federation of Television & Radio Artists (AFTRA).
- Television Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) (Charter Member).
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Trust For Historic Preservation.
- Brooklyn Brownstone Conference.
- Brooklyn Museum.
- Architectural Designer, Construction Coordinator, Specification & Technical Writer for Morris Ketchum Assoc, NYC Architect.
- Eleanor La Maire, NYC Interior Designer.
- Hinzmann & Waldmann, Architectural Interiors, Brooklyn, NY.
- Jaff Bros Woodworks, Architectural Interiors, Long Island City, NY.
- Amos Parrish Co., Architectural & Store Merchandising Designer, NYC.
- Bergen Cabinet Co. Inc, Cabinetmaker, Architectural Interiors, Brooklyn, NY.
- Windows & Doors, Design, Construction & Repair, American Weatherstrip Co., Brooklyn, NY.
- Chase Manhattan Bank Branches.
- Manufacturers Hanover Trust Bank Branches.
- Hens & Kelly Department Store, Hamburg, NY.
- Nelson Rockefeller's Office at 16 Pine Street, NYC.
- Bond Stores.
- Revlon Corporation.
- Tishman Building, 666 Fifth Avenue, NYC
- Trans World Airline's Building, John F. Kennedy, Airport, NY.
- Pratt Institute, School of Architecture, Brooklyn, NY.
- University of Massachusetts, Lead Inspector Training.
- U.S. Navy 3rd Class Petty Officer, Radiological Warfare Technologist & Damage Controlman.
- Air Resources, NYC.
- New York State Building Code Council.
- New York State Energy Office.
- New Jersey State College Asbestos Training.
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors
- Building Code Seminar 2000 (BOCA).
- Continuing Education Seminars (ASHA).
- Previous Board Member: Kings Bay YM-YWHA.
- Previous Board Member: Shore Front YM-YWHA.
- Providing on-air time & technical advice for NYC radio station, WNYC since the 1980s.
- Ad hoc committee creating Kingsborough Community College with NYC's Mayor, Robert Wagner.
“Dedicated to Quality & Safety in Housing & Construction”© Since 1961